Friday, December 21, 2018

FACE TO FACE WITH OUR REFLECTION

Good morning everyone.  It is Friday at last.  I hope you all had a great week and that you are calm, at peace and relaxed!  Did you ever notice how we pick up the emotions of the person we are with?  Obviously I am very sensitive to others but so are most people, they just don't realize it.  It is apparent  when we walk into someone's home.  I can tell immediately if I want to stay or leave.  The feeling of comfort or discomfort is palpable.

The reason people come to me for Reiki sessions is because they feel comfortable and safe in my presence but the session begins not with my touch but as soon as they walk into my space.  Everyone says the same thing.  "What a great space this is," "it feels so good in here," and that is because it is filled with loving energy and supportive intention. 

There are a revolving door of people who come through our lives.  Some stay and some go but when they come through often they are mirrors of us.  Today's quote is, "We meet those who reflect our sorrows joys and struggles - when we come face to face with those things is when we decide which reflection we prefer."  Ever hear of the phrase, Misery loves Company?  Of course you did.  And when you are miserable don't you want someone to commiserate with?  Of course you do and low and behold, you find that person.

Think of writers who know other writers, chefs who know other chefs.  Our emotions know the same emotions too.  When we are feeling happy, sad, jealous, just name an emotion, we can find someone in our life who will be our mirror image.  Take comfort in knowing that if you don't like what you see you can change. 

When our own negativity glares right back at us is when we will decide if we want to stay or go.  Personally, I think it will be an easy decision!  

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!  

Thank you all for reading my blogs thus far.  It is my hope that you've enjoyed the exploration of my daily quotes and just like my quotes, my blogs have been a source of emotional strength for you.  I will be taking two weeks away from posting my quotes and blogging while I enjoy the warmth of the Jamaican sun and the company of my family but will return on Monday, January 7th, 2019.  Wishing you all a wonderful and Happy New Year.  With much love and good wishes, Amy~

To learn about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4, I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book yours online at info@kahlocollective.com

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blogs Amy and gleening lessons from your inspirational words . Enjoy your vacation , and Happy New Year .
    ❤️Pam

    ReplyDelete