Wednesday, December 12, 2018

FRIEND OR FOE


Good morning everyone.  How are you all on this Wednesday?  "Hi, how are you??" is usually asked in passing without waiting for a response.  It leads us to wonder why are we even asked.  When I ask it is because I really do care.  The friends you have in your life are there because they truly care.  Or do they? 

Years ago I bought a post card with a photo of a green eyed woman.  The caption on the card said, "If you want to find a girl's faults~praise her to her friends."  At the time I thought how funny but also sometimes how true.  Women in particular can be so mean and catty.  If someone were really to say what was on that card I'm thinking they're really not a friend.

Today's quote is, "Let loose that friend who relishes in your failures celebrates your misery and rains on your parade - for that person is not and never has been your friend."  Why is it that we hold on to people like that in our lives?  Do we think that's all we deserve?  How sad is that!  For years I had a friend exactly who found my misery and failures a comfort to her own.

At around 10 years old, my "friend" and I went to the same day camp and attended a dance.  I was very shy so you can imagine how thrilled I was when a boy came over to me and asked me to dance with him.  When the song was over and I returned to my friend, she looked me in the eyes and said, "I don't think he likes you," to which I only offered a puzzled expression in return.

I cannot tell you what that did to my 10 year old insecure self.  No that's a lie.  I was already living on Insecure Lane, she was there to make sure I never moved, yet for years we continued to be friends.  I don't recall the day, time, month or moment that I realized this person would never be a friend but when I cut the cord on that one, I was finally free.

If this sounds familiar to you, if you have someone in your life similar to the above description, who hogs the umbrella in the rain, cut the cord and let them loose for that so called friend never was and never will be!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~Love, Amy



To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4, I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book yours online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677

No comments:

Post a Comment