Monday, December 3, 2018

LEAVE HATE OUT OF YOUR HEART

Good morning everyone.  Happy Monday. I just have to say I've discovered overnight oats and I'm loving breakfast.  It's ridiculously easy.  The basic ingredients are oats and any type of milk.  You can be as creative as you want.  I add chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, banana and almond butter but you can add or take away whatever you want.  It's a real hearty rib sticking breakfast that gets you going and keeps you going.

Like everyone, I get tired of eating the same thing day after day although I'm having a pretty good run with my overnight oats.  Probably because of the variety you can create.  Sometimes eating the same foods is just plain boring and you begin to hate what you enjoyed.  I prefer not to use the word hate even if it applies to liver.  You made a face just then didn't you! 

Let's talk about the word hate.  Just saying it does something to us.  You can feel it all over your body and the distortion of your mouth while saying the word hate.  Today's quote is, "To fill one's heart with hate is to leave a gaping hole in one's soul."  Of course we all know I'm not talking about liver or getting caught in the rain without an umbrella or the smell of wet dog.  I'm talking about the people and situations you may dislike but use the word hate in its place. 

That word actually hurts my heart.  Everyone who knows me also knows that the day job I have is not one I dreamed about.  I used to use the "H" word when describing it and only recently realized how much I benefit from this job because I finally allowed myself to receive when I'm here. 

That's a huge step for me and if you are not happy in your given situation and now is not the time to change it, take a moment to see the benefits.  Once you realize this you will lose the "H" word as well.  Maybe your company offers free lunch.  Maybe there is a great healthcare package or generous sick time allowed.  Maybe the building itself is pleasing to look at.  It could be one of a million things or two.  

Whatever it is, look for the good wherever and whenever you can.  Sure there might be unhappiness or struggle but it won't be there forever.  Look at every situation life gives you as a lesson and simply learn to deal with that lesson without hating it.    The English language is abundant with alternative vocabulary so leave the word hate out of yours.  Your heart and soul will thank you!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone!


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4 I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book your session online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677

No comments:

Post a Comment