Monday, June 10, 2019

BE HERE RIGHT NOW

Good morning everyone!  Happy Monday.  It is always fun to have something to look forward to.  We look forward to sunny days, going to the beach, the first snowfall, meeting up with friends, reading a good book and going to a concert to name but a few.  The problem with anticipation is that it becomes your world.  You reduce your world to what will be and not what is.

Today's quote is, "Appreciate the here and now - not what may or might be."  It is human nature to look forward to things big and small but anticipation of anything makes it hard to focus on where you are at the moment whether you are looking forward to your favorite sandwich or the wedding of a friend.

If you know you are having a lunch date at your favorite restaurant let that happiness remain in the back of your mind.  If it has been established that you will be going, there is no need for your mind to pole vault hours ahead of yourself.  If you have been invited to a wedding at a fabulous destination  know that you will be there on the day of. Allow yourself to be excited, not consumed.

We all say, "I can't wait for...."  I'm just as guilty but what I have changed is the way I look forward to something.  I now do this in a way that is much lighter and without desperation so that while I might be looking forward to soft serve on a cone after dinner I can still savor the meal that's in front of me.

There are so many wonders in this world that we will experience and you absolutely should look forward to them but always be where you are at every moment in time and enjoy every lick of that ice cream cone!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private session OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment:

  1. This is just what I needed to read this morning Amy. Taking each occasion one at a time abs savioring the day today . I do believe this will help my mind to calm , to be less racey .
    ❤️❤️❤️😘

    ReplyDelete