Wednesday, June 12, 2019

BE YOUR OWN HERO

Good morning all and happy Wednesday.  My fourth child came to our family six years ago.  OK everyone.  You can close your mouth now.  I'm talking about my dog Mia who we all call "the baby."  Everyone says this about their pet but I swear mine is human.  For a four legged creature who cannot speak she is able to get her every wish not only noted but granted.  Hence the term of endearment, "the baby." 

My son rescued Mia when she was a year old.  She had been neglected and left in a crate with no love or affection.  When a friend asked him if he knew of anyone who could take this dog as their own, my son volunteered.  Saving Mia was the best thing that happened to all of us.  Do you know anyone like that?  A perennial rescuer?  A person who is always saving someone and cleaning up their messes when they themselves could use some help?

Today's quote is, "It is admirable to be a hero but be the first one you save."  Heroism is a wonderful quality to have but if those you save are rising while you are sinking then something is definitely amiss.  If savior is your calling, place yourself at the top of the list. Don't think for one moment you are being selfish because you are not.  All that saving will leave you depleted with nothing left for yourself.

Putting yourself first looks like getting enough rest, eating well and doing the things you enjoy.  Me first is not always a bad thing.  Everyone loves a hero so be one to yourself and love yourself even more.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR em
ail me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment