Wednesday, June 19, 2019

WEAR YOUR OWN SHOES

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday.  A neighbor of mine has the most beautifully manicured lawn that's the brightest green I've ever seen.  Her walkway is lined with tall gorgeous trees in full floral bloom on either side.  I don't even have grass.  I have moss.  Lots and lots of moss that's been dug up by lawnmowers and Mia's paws.  I don't have trees lining my walkway but I have ugly bushes in front of my door.  I wanted to get rid of them but they house the bees that pollinate their flowers. 

As much as I admire the neighbor's pristine surroundings I still like the dug up dirt and tree roots that stick out of the ground.  You know why?  Because it is mine.  It is the house we chose to live in not caring if it would ever be on the cover of House and Garden.

Today's quote is, "While someone else's shoes may be beautiful you will come to realize the comfort of your own."  An updated version perhaps of the grass is always greener and a message to appreciate what you have.  Am I thankful for my moss covered lawn?  You bet I am.  Do you know why?  Because it's mine.  Because my husband and I worked very hard to purchase a house that over time has become a home filled with beautiful things, beautiful people and a beautiful dog.  

Over time we have created a home filled with love both inside and out.  The pristine house on view from the street has tremendous visual appeal but I have no idea what is behind those closed doors.  I am unaware of the happiness or unhappiness that may or may not be pervasive throughout all that square footage.  I will continue to walk Mia past her house, admiring her perfect trees and perfect lawn but I will also be grateful for the bees that come to visit, the gnomes protecting my house and yes, the moss that's been dug up by the most beautiful paws I know.


Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment