Thursday, June 6, 2019

ENJOY WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR NOSE

Good morning everyone!  Happy Thursday.  I could have used more sleep today.  Last night I made a really good pasta dish and even though I was full I wanted more.   The last vacation I went on was wonderful but as the last day approached I began to wish I was starting over.

Does this sound like you too?  Something tastes yummy so we want to eat more even if we have to unbutton our pants.  Our trip was so amazing we never wanted it to end.  When you are eating that yummy dinner are you enjoying it or thinking how you will get a second helping when you finish.  When you are on your vacation are you savoring the moment or already thinking about the next one? 

Today's quote is, "When all we want is more - we have lost the ability for gratitude and to appreciate what is front and center."  If I admit that's true for me will you admit it is true for you too?  Whenever I would go on vacation, well, let's stop right there.  Whenever I was on a plane I started thinking about where I should go next.  Isn't that crazy?!  Vacations are something that I cherish especially family vacations so I instead of enjoying the plane ride I would begin to plan the next one.

Being in the moment is a challenge for me as much as everyone else.  Meditation has helped not only my emotional state but it has given me the power to be in the present moment most of the time.  It has also given me the ability to be grateful for what I do have.  

The next time you are eating a lovely meal be grateful that you had a kitchen to prepare it in.  Whether you vacation in a Caribbean Island or a tent in the country, be grateful that you had the time to do it.  We all have so much more than we realize.  Begin to want less, appreciate what you have and give thanks that you are healthy and here to enjoy it all!


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment: