Wednesday, October 10, 2018

FEEL THE SORROW AND GIVE YOURSELF LOVE

Good morning everyone.  I can't believe its October.  I know we've been here for a little while but I just had to say it.  Summer is already such a distant memory.  I love the freedom that summer offers me but no complaints about the Fall.  Every season is unique in its own way.  What I'm longing for is freedom but it will come when the time is right!

There are times when I was actually feeling sorry for myself.  Instead of denying those feelings I went with them, not to drown in self-pity but to acknowledge those feelings.  Today's quote is, "If sorrow is what you feel bathe yourself in love and friendship as you would another."  

If a friend confessed their sadness to me, why would I dismiss it?  I wouldn't because a true friend is there for you in good times and bad.  It is equally important to be your own friend as well and to be there for yourself.  How do you do that?  By recognizing sadness within yourself and not beating yourself up over it.  

When sorrow is what you are feeling, accept that emotion and give yourself the love you need to get through it.  Be that good friend not just to others but to yourself.    Surround yourself with the love you need to get through a difficult time.  

Not everyone is attentive to the needs of others.  Don't wait for comfort to come to you but be the comfort yourself.  Wrap yourself in a blanket of love and friendship and keep it there until the sorrow is gone.

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https:amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment