Wednesday, October 24, 2018

RELEASE THAT EGO AND JUST BE

Good morning all.  Are you working today?  If you are off then lucky you.  If you could skip work today, how would you choose to spend those free hours?  Don't start listing all the chores you would tackle.  That too is work!  If there was absolutely anything you could do for a day, what would it be?

I am almost certain that you all went right to your list.  You know that list that never ends.  As adults we have responsibilities and can't just skip out on them.  But what if we held onto that carefree attitude we had when we were children and decided to spend a day off doing something fun or maybe nothing at all. It might be hard but it is possible.

Today's quote is, "Be the child you once were - free of ego - accepting and happy to just be."  Now of course we can't still be children but we certainly can free ourselves of ego.  Is it hard?  You bet.  I have been to many meditation sessions where the leader talks about letting go and releasing your ego.

During many of these sessions I would wonder to myself how that could be possible.  It is the second part of the sentence that makes it easier to do.  It is the part that says be accepting and happy to just be.  How many of us have to be doing something in order to be happy.  How many of us have a hard time just being?

Mia has a favorite chair in my house.  It is a big comfy chair in my living room situated in front of a bay window.  Many times when I come home from work, there she is.  Sitting in that chair, staring out the window.  What is she looking at?  Birds flying by.  Squirrels and chip monks running about.  The occasional car driving by.  Whatever it is, she is so happy to sit and watch.  

How long can she do that for?  I have no idea but I would guess it is longer than either you and I could.  I could practically feel the judgement coming through the computer.  Let it go.  Do you remember as a child, looking at stars in the evening sky or lying on the grass and staring up at the clouds?  We've all done that.  I've done that and I'm sure you have too and no one judged us while we did it either. 

Just for a day, go back to childhood.  Treat yourself to a starry night or a day filled with puffy clouds.  Work will be waiting for you tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Every Saturday I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions  from 12-4
Book online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-746-3677
KAHLO is at 65 Westchester Avenue in Pound Ridge, NY





  

1 comment:

  1. This morning I am free from 9-2:15. This post is particularly poignant since I was just thinking as I am laying here in bed what will I do today ?
    Thank you Amy for your gift of knowing just whet I need to read .

    ReplyDelete