Tuesday, November 13, 2018

INNER PEACE IS ALL YOU NEED

Good morning everyone.  I hope the message of yesterday's blog stuck with you.  Have you said and accepted praise from yourself?  If you didn't, stop reading.  Tell Eyeore to go home and give yourself a kind word.  

Today's quote relates well to yesterday's.  When we cease that war within ourselves it is such a relief.  Our shoulders are no longer weighed down by the burden of negativity and doubt but replaced with calm and peace.  Today's quote is, "All the money in the world - the material possessions can never be a replacement for inner peace - for if you lack that you have nothing." 

Interesting that this comes a few weeks after that $1.6 billion lottery ticket.  No I didn't win but even if I did I would still be writing my blog, having Reiki sessions, leading Guided Meditations and making dinner.  I just would.  It is all part of who I am.  I don't know who won.  I don't know if they are ecstatic or overwhelmed by this sudden burden.

After the initial, "oh wow, I never have to do anything EVER again," comes the reality that you really never do have to do anything again.  Personally I think that much money is a burden.  Now you have to do something with it.  It would be overwhelming.  You could buy anything you want except inner peace?  That can never be bought.

I'm not saying that the only way to have inner peace is to be broke.  No no.  Not at all.  What I am saying is that money cannot buy happiness no matter how much we think it would.  I am not even talking about being happy but content.  Are you content with yourself.  Can you look at a sunset or sunrise, (take your pick) and realize it is one of the most exquisite sights to witness? 

Can you appreciate the crunch of leaves underfoot without thinking of your to do list?  If you can then you are getting close to what inner peace feels like.  It is the ability to treasure the small things as well as the large.  To know that the feeling from a bright sunny day will leave you with more satisfaction than another pair of shoes.

Material things can indeed bring us joy but are no match for inner peace for it is inner peace that will  satisfy your spirit and your soul. 

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4, I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
To schedule an appointment, book online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677
KAHLO is at 65 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY

1 comment:

  1. Happy Tuesday and I would continue working if I had hit the lottery too. Listening to the rain , laying in bed I pray that the rains come to California .

    ReplyDelete