Friday, November 2, 2018

LIVE WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE

Good morning all.  The first Friday in November.  If you are not vegan, don't forget to order your turkey.  I always get a fresh one from Salinger's Orchards in Brewster.  Sorry if I offended anyone but I think my family would revolt if I presented them with tofurkey on a platter.

Food is no longer just food.  There are options out there that never existed such as  vegan and gluten free.   Being a vegetarian and eschewing dairy was always around but it seems that many have chosen that option as well.  Organic is very big right now and one that I try to stick with as much as possible.   Personally I would rather eat an apple without pesticides but I'm not ready to give up brie.  Why should I?  I love brie.  I also love goat cheese but it doesn't mean I am anti goat.

I had a client the other day who told me that she only used to eat vegetables steamed, ate no red meat, no cheese, no no no.  One day she had enough and simply reached her limit.  She now eats everything and enjoys it.  Now is a good time to share my quote for today which is, "The day will come when we all depart this earth - let's make sure we live while we are here."

How boring would life be if you only ate your broccoli steamed?  What if you never experienced a whoopie pie?  By the way, I make the best whoopie pies!  I'm focusing on food because I think that is a common ground we can all understand but my quote is not about food.  My quote is about life!

We all want to live long and happy lives but what does that mean?  It means to try new things, take risks, travel far and explore near.  It means to experience as much as you can.  Days turn into weeks which turn into months which turn into years.  All of a sudden you realize there are things you want to do but didn't.

There is still time.  There is always time but you are the one who needs to make it happen.  Live your life to the fullest and with the fewest regrets possible.  Don't neglect the have to's but make room for fun and adventure as much as possible.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone! ~Love, AmyTo learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays from 12-4, I am at KAHLO for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677
KAHLO is at 65 Westchester Avenue, Pound Ridge, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment