Monday, November 19, 2018

SITTING AND WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING

Good morning everyone.  Before I have my morning coffee I have to turn on the coffee maker and wait for it to be brewed.  When I'm really tired all I can think of is that first sip as I watch the water trickle into the pot hoping it came out just right.  When you get up what is the first thing that you do after you have your coffee.  Let me guess.  You check your email.  You check to see what's new and who responded or didn't respond to your queries.  So frustrating when you don't hear back as you sit quietly channeling your inner Veruca Salt because we don't want to wait.  We want our answers NOW!

Today's quote is, "At times the most difficult job we have to do is sit and wait without expectation but patience."  In the vastness of our lives if it is only coffee we have to wait for then we will definitely be just fine.  We have more than that to wait for and not only emails either.  We have to wait for many things to come our way.

Waiting is hard.  It is just as hard for us as for children.  Waiting makes us impatient and edgy but sometimes you are not given a choice.  If waiting is difficult then learn to be patient.  I understand it is easier said than done.  Maybe that is why it is said that patience is a virtue.  One that many of us are missing.  

What is even more difficult than waiting is to wait without expectation.  Hopefully that coffee came out amazing and all those emails have been answered but if those things didn't happen as you expected you will be disappointed.  When you sit with patience and release expectation disappointment is released.  What is more glorious than that!

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays I am at KAHLO from 12-4 for hour and half hour Reiki sessions

Book your session online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677

1 comment: