Friday, November 23, 2018

THE NEED TO LOSE CONTROL BELONGS TO EVERYONE

Good morning everyone.  Still stuffed from yesterday's excess?  Can you imagine dining on a meal like Thanksgiving every day?  Even though I was full I kept going back for more because it was so delicious.  While my eating was totally out of control fresh air and a long walk is the perfect remedy to get me back on track.

This is not just a recommendation for me but for all of you who overindulged which would probably be everyone reading this.  My hope is that you all had a wonderful day with your company and that you enjoyed every bite of food.  One thing I want to tell you is not to feel the least bit guilty.  Many of you out there are devoted shake drinkers, cheese abstainers and gluten free devotees feeling as though they committed a horrible crime.

When you woke up this morning did you look like a Macy's Day balloon?  Of course you didn't.  It's OK to enthusiactically enjoy a celebration because as Scarlett O'Hara said, "tomorrow is another day."  Today's quote is, "Sometimes you need to lose control to get it back."  Can we agree that losing control over our eating is something we may all have in common?

If I were to venture a guess I would say that's true.  Even those who swear by their kale and protein powder fall off the wagon every once in a while but in order to get back on we need to know what falling off feels like.  How do we even know what control is if we never lose it. 

Is there anyone out there who has never argued with their spouse?  Your laughter is audible through the computer!  I had a friend whose husband divorced her afte two children and several years of marriage.  I will never forget when with a puzzled look on her face she said to me,  "You and your husband fight and we never fought."  

If you can honestly say you agree with everything your spouse says then I can honestly say I don't believe you.  You are two separate people with separate thoughts and ideas, not clones of one another.  So what if you argue or have a disagreement.  So what if that argument is out of control. It clears the air so you can find understanding with one another and move on.  

Eat that dessert, roll your eyes, buy those shoes so that next time you can replace cake with an apple, an eye roll with a smile and pay off that credit card.  Now go and take that walk!


Have a wonderful Friday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Saturdays I am at KAHLO from 12-4 for hour and half hour Reiki sessions
Book online at info@kahlocollective.com OR call 914-764-3677

1 comment:

  1. Grateful for you and your blogs Amy . Going to bundle up and walk soon .
    ❤️ Pam

    ReplyDelete