Wednesday, August 22, 2018

APOLOGIZE AND SEE BEYOND YOURSELF

Good morning.  Back to the kind of summer we love.  Bright and sunny.  This really has been the rainiest summer I can remember.  I guess it helps one to appreciate those sunny days even more.  People think that if you are indoors it doesn't matter what the weather outside is but I disagree.  Very rainy weather makes you tired.  Even Mia doesn't like to leave the bed.

We got an early start this morning and now I'm ready for my day!  Today I'm going to talk about something that is very hard for a lot of people to do and that is apologizing.  I grew up with someone who could never ever admit to any wrong doing nor could never ever utter the words, "I'm sorry," no matter what!

That is a horrific attribute and quite devastating to those around you.  Today's quote is, "An inability to apologize is an inability to see beyond yourself."  I never understood how saying I'm sorry or how an apology is somehow degrading to the person in the wrong.  It is a very selfish act indeed as that person cannot regard the feelings of another.

I will tell you it was a terrible way to grow up and the outcome for me was that instead of being the same way, I was always apologizing for everything.  There is nothing wrong with an apology.  It does not mean you are weak or stupid.  It is the simple act of admitting you made a mistake but for some of us, that is where the problem lies.

We all make mistakes.  We all misjudge.  This inability is destructive to our friends, family and those we care about.  If you really care about people, learn to apologize.  Know to look beyond yourself and beyond your own feelings and place the feelings of others in the highest regard.  In the end your relationships will be stronger and more loving!

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment