Thursday, August 9, 2018

WHEN OUR TRUE SELVES EMERGE

Good morning!  Thursday is on the agenda for today.  I finally had two beach days in a row and it was awesome.  The beach is not only beautiful but healing, refreshing and exhilarating.  It has always been one of my favorite places to be.  I grew up blocks from the beach and as a child I thought everyone else did too.  I never knew just how lucky I was.  Now I do!

Today's quote, "The emergence of our true selves takes time as we try to find out who we really are."  Isn't that the truth!  We are aware of our likes and dislikes but it takes a lot longer to know who we really are.  You might think that if you know exactly what it is you like and don't like how do you not know yourself?

Easy.  In our young lives we are so intent on pleasing others.  Pleasing our parents, our friends, our teachers, bosses, co-workers, boyfriends/girlfriends.  Let's see, have I left anyone out?  Very few of us in our early lives don't give a shit about anything.  Not giving a shit takes a long time.  I'm not being crass.  I'm being honest.  

Think back on the young version of yourself.  What was the first thought you had when you met someone knew?  If you can't remember, let me refresh your memory.  "I wonder if he/she/they like me?"  Deny it if you want but our young selves were insecure and wanted to be liked by everyone we met.  As we grew older, wiser and more mature we became proud (hopefully) of what we became and cared less about what others thought.

That is because we finally knew who we really were and that entails much more than knowing our favorite restaurant but knowing our passion and how much bullshit we are willing to put up with for the sake of our own sanity.  There is nothing more freeing, more fulfilling  and more rewarding than knowing exactly who you are and when that happens rejoice and celebrate you!

To find out more about what I do, visit my website: https://amykaufman.co
To make an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment