Thursday, January 19, 2017

GO FOR THE PASSION

Good Morning!  By 10:00 this morning it should be bright sunshine.  We haven't seen that in a few days.  I know I'm excited!  I have been missing my vitamin D.  Hope you all get outside today at least for a little while.  Take a break at work, grab a cup of coffee or just take a brief walk.  There is NOTHING like fresh air and sunshine!

I love the outdoors especially on a beautiful day.  I thrive in nice weather.  Some of us enjoy the cold more and that's fine.  I just happen to like warmer weather.  I prefer the things you can do in the warmer weather as opposed to cold.  I like to ski but honestly too much trouble for me.  The last time I went skiing I have to say, I had a lot of fun.  I'm no expert but I was dressed properly even though it had seriously been the coldest day to date that year.  It was something I hadn't done in a long time but I was fine.  I didn't need the expensive skis or boots or all the other things that go along with skiing.  I had sufficient equipment and off I went.  

You don't have to be an expert in everything!  If you have the desire, the passion, then you can do anything.  Here is today's quote, "The passion in your heart speaks louder than the credentials you have on paper."   Did you ever notice, (well how could you not) that whatever it is you do, people will always ask about your credentials.  Somehow we have been tricked into thinking that where you studied, who you studied with, where you went, where you received a degree is more important than how well and how passionate you are in what you do!

To me that is crazy.  Sometimes I find myself doing the same thing and I know it is purely out of habit.  More interesting to me is how someone came to what it is they do.  Teaching for example is a passion.  People who go into that field love and are passionate about children.  That to me is far more important than a degree for a known college.  You could have all the degrees in the world from the best schools but if you hate kids and you are teaching, you are clearly in the wrong field!

People judge doctors that way as well.  Everyone wants the doctor who went to Harvard but if that Harvard educated doctor has the worst bedside manner ever then who cares where he went!  You want a doctor who is not only passionate about what he does but passionate about his patients.  That is the doctor I would choose.  

The next time you come across someone in whatever career they are in.  Don't ask where they went to school or who they studied with.  Instead, find out what led them to where they are today.  Once you ask that question and you see that spark in their eyes as they describe their journey, you will know they are indeed passionate about what they do!  Forget credentials and go for the passion!  Have a wonderful day!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment