Monday, January 23, 2017

TIMING IS EVERYTHING

Good Morning and happy Monday.  I'm here with my coffee pondering the day.  What will it bring?  Who knows.  Guided Meditation class is tonight and that's always great!  I had a dream that 25 people attended my class!  25 people can't even fit in the room but that is always a good sign.  My class is always a good thing for stress relief including my own.  Now more than ever, we ALL need meditation.

Yesterday I attended a meditation class at the Redding Meditation Center in Redding, CT.  I love going there.  I sit in the first row so I can look out the window at all the birds.  Yesterday was just like a spring day.  The birds were out in full force!  After the meditation there is a Dharma talk with one of the monks.  I highly recommend attending a meditation session there.  Let me know!  I'd love to join you.

Redding is not that far but it is a bit of a distance.  It is also an hour and a half class, maybe longer than you have meditated before.  Maybe my class is perfect.  It's closer and it is only 40 minutes.  Lengthy meditation like anything else is something you build up to.  Something that takes time.  Perhaps you are not yet ready. 

Today's quote sums that up.  "Look closely at what you are avoiding and why - maybe it's not the right time."  Maybe you really want to challenge yourself to meditate longer, to change your eating habits, to join a gym, change your job.  The list is endless.  Just because you are not doing all these things at this very moment does not mean that you never will.  It means that for whatever reason you are not able.  Whether it is physically or mentally unable does not matter.  

Don't pressure yourself.  Change happens when we are ready and the timing is right!  That is really the key.  The first step to change is desire and if you are thinking about it and desiring it well that's wonderful.  The holidays are not the best time to focus on dieting and joining a gym.  If the economy is shaky, that's not the best time to look for a new job.  If the choice is going to meditation class or saying to yourself, "there's no way I could do that for an hour and a half," then clearly, that is not the time to make a change.  

If you are avoiding something, anything.  Look closely at what it is and why you are avoiding it.  Timing is everything and your time will come.  I promise!  Have a wonderful day!~Amy~

No comments:

Post a Comment