Tuesday, January 17, 2017

REMEMBER THE BAD TOO!!

Good Morning - back to reality for most of us but the good news is that it is a 4 day week.  Time goes fast, it will be the weekend before you know it so even though I am looking forward to the weekend, don't rush it.  Find some good each and every day!  

Today is going to be wonderful as I have a Reiki client later today and tomorrow too.  The act of helping someone brings such joy to me which is why I do this kind of work in the first place.  My path has led me to where I am and not only want do I want to help others but I need to.  It has become who I am.  I wish that for everyone, to find your true passion.  

Sometimes or I should say, many times we get stuck.  We either know or don't know what it is we want to change or we do know but getting stuck makes us stay in a situation we don't really like.  Even if we muster up the courage to leave or even THINK about leaving, we say to ourselves, "it's not so bad."  Today's quote reflects that thought, "Distance makes it easy to remember the good from a bad situation but always remember why you left in the first place."  Absolutely.  

I believe that the further away we get from something our inner mind tells us it really wasn't so bad and if we are really past it we block out the bad completely.  That's human nature and while I have to say it is somewhat of a good thing, goes along with "time heals all," we decided to change for a very real reason.  WE WERE NOT HAPPY!  

Change relates to anything in your life.  A job, a relationship, a living situation or ourselves.  What is it that you want to leave behind?  Ask yourself why.  Why do we suffer in silence in our misery, leave it and then pine for it?  Doesn't make sense does it.  I will tell you, no it does not.  If there is anything in your life you are thinking of changing that too let's you know something is missing.  

Change is good.  Not only good but necessary for personal growth.  If change is on the horizon for you at this moment or in the back of your mind, know that the desire for change means that you are growing whether you are tired of accepting bad behavior from others, tired of your same old situation or just desiring something new.  

Don't be afraid.  Go with it.  And remember, you are wanting something that you are not getting now.  With that thought in mind, what is your true desire?  Have a wonderful day!~Amy~

2 comments:

  1. Great post as always! As you allude to in your post, taking action is the key to change. Making even the smallest changes are sometimes enough to get the ball rolling. Tony Robbins put it this way, "Asking for and demanding what you truly want is different from focusing on what’s missing. Unless you create movement and expound energy by taking action, the focus you determine and the meaning you assign are empty gestures."

    ReplyDelete