Thursday, April 27, 2017

LITTLE FISH BECOME BIG FISH

Good Morning!  Thursday already.  I think I want the weeks to slow down a bit.  Everything is going a little too fast.  Funny that I say that because I know when I want something it never seems to happen fast enough!  I'm sure I'm not the only one.  We all need patience!

Today's quote, "The largest fish was once the smallest - it takes time and patience to grow."  It does and we all know it but waiting is so hard.  Enjoy the ride!  That's hard too but make getting there half the fun.  The problem is we are so invested in the outcome we forget the ride of life and what a ride it is.

No one starts out on top.  We all know that but still grapple with "why not?"  It just doesn't work that way.  When we want something it takes time and patience.  I'm as bad as you but getting better.  I am finally enjoying the journey of my growing practice.  If the seeds are planted, trust growth will happen.

I was talking to a client of mine just yesterday about this very topic.  What I said to him was when you think things are too slow, when they are not moving as fast as you want, think of where you were a year ago or even six months ago.  Once I said that to him I saw a smile come across his face and he said, "You're right!"  There is always growth.  Maybe not in our time frame but it is there. 

Acknowledge it however slowly it happens.  Slow is still movement.  When people have small children they feel like they will be changing diapers forever but one day you wake up and off they go to college.  You think, where did that time go?  The phrase take time to smell the roses means just that.  Stop, relax, slow down, the rivers are flowing and flowing in the direction you want.  Have faith, believe and have an awesome Thursday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment