Sunday, April 30, 2017

HEAR THE STILLNESS WITHIN

Good Morning all!  It's Sunday.  It is so quiet right now.  Well maybe I shouldn't say quiet.  I hear the washing machine loud and clear.  What I feel is the stillness.  Yes, the machine is going, humming along but even with the noise in the background I feel the stillness of today, this peaceful Sunday. 

Today's quote, " Quiet the chatter in your mind - listen to the stillness instead."  For once really try it.  That is what meditation is all about.  Quieting that constant noise in your mind, that list of what you need to do, that conversation with someone you wish you had, that self-doubt, that self-deprecation.  Leave it alone.  Stop.  Empty your head of all of it.

An easy way to do it without my Guided Meditation is to look out the window.  I know lots of people like the Fall and the beauty of nature during that time.  The leaves that change from green, to red, to yellow and the color of a Fall sky but for me I love the Spring.  The renewal, the joy I feel when everything is opening up.  There is so much green around me right now.

Have you ever noticed how green it becomes after the rain?  Like magic.  Look outside and take a look at Mother Nature's magic.  It's spectacular and it's all around you.  You don't even have to turn it on.  It's right there!  Today I am not only going to look and be outside in nature but I am going to quiet my mind through meditation. 

I am going to the Chuang Yen Monastery today in Kent, NY.  A day of complete and utter peace.  It is so important for us to do that so that we can function and be better people in our day to day lives.  Not everyone needs to or wants to go to a monastery and that's perfectly fine.  Go outside, look at nature, let nature be your monastery.  Have a wonderful and peaceful Sunday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment