Sunday, April 23, 2017

NO ONE WANTS YOUR ADVICE

Good Morning.  All I want to do is take Mia for a really long walk this morning but I have to attend a funeral first.  Not the best way to start a day but important to support a friend of mine who is grieving the loss of his mom.  I didn't know this woman but I will help him celebrate her life in the way we all do here which is with a ceremony.  Too bad our culture makes death so awful, not that it isn't.  Those that leave us are terribly missed but we need to remember that our soul returns at some point.  He soul was ready to go and so I will be there to celebrate the departure of her soul.

This is not something I would share with my friend as I do not know his beliefs and would not want to offend him.  Today's quote, "Opinions and advice are two things not necessarily up for sharing."  Aside from thinking I might not be of my right mind he may be annoyed that I dare to think this way.  When giving either opinions or advice to anyone you have to be sure those on the receiving end truly want it. 

There is nothing more irritating than being told something you don't want to hear or how you should do something or what you should do.  If you ask then that is entirely different.  Do you know someone like that?  We all have to be careful with our words.  If someone is asking you what you think you need to make sure they really want to know.  Here comes the classic, "does this outfit make me look fat?" 

Do you think anyone in the world wants to know if they look fat or inappropriate in their clothes.  Of course not.  Now if I decide to wear a bright pink dress today and I am told it is not the most appropriate outfit for a funeral, I would not take offense. That is helpful advice.  Never give hurtful opinions or unwanted advice.  Think of how you would feel and that will be your answer.  Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment