Friday, June 2, 2017

JUDGE NOT

Good Morning!  We made it to Friday even though it was a short week.  Hope it went well for all of you.  This weekend is going to be really special for me.  I am attending a 2 day meditation retreat at the Redding Meditation Center.  I have done two 1 day retreats but never a "sleep over!"  I am both nervous and excited as I embark on this very new adventure.

Today's quote, "Experience is everything - leave judgement aside until you've done it all."  That's exactly what I need to do.  I have no idea what this will be like.  I don't even want to think about what it will be like because I need to be there.  I need to be on the premises, sleeping there and eating there.  It is also a mostly silent retreat but I don't think it is as strict as others.

Again, I don't really know!  What is it that  you judge without knowing first hand?  We all have a tendency to do that with just about everything.  Something hard not to.  Being open minded frees you from that.  Being open minded lets you not judge.  Being open minded gives you a chance to let things unveil themselves before you choose an opinion. 

And so for this weekend, I will not judge anything about it.  What I will do is let you all know how it goes.  I will not be blogging this weekend.  There are no electronics at this retreat.  The point is to be away from devices, people and thoughts.  I will sharing my experience with you all on Monday!  Have a wonderful weekend everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment