Monday, June 5, 2017

OPEN YOUR EYES, YOUR MIND, YOUR HEART

Good Morning on this dreary Monday.  I hope you all read about my meditation weekend.  I woke up this morning really missing it and at the same time I couldn't imagine waking up on this dark, rainy day to go meditate.  It would be a tie between meditating and falling back to sleep.  It's days like this that Mia does not even move. 

When I wrote yesterday about my experience I said that I did not know what to expect and therefore really went with no expectations.  I didn't go thinking that I would come to some great revelation.  I really did just go for peace and quiet.  I went so that I could have a calm mind and be in a state where I could handle any kind of adversity.  Adversity is always around.  Everywhere!  Just like stress is everywhere.  As I said yesterday one of the monks said there is even stress in a monastery. 

I could see that.  Even a monk perhaps wants a higher station.  Politics are everywhere!  Why not even in a monastery.  I am learning over time to be truthful to myself and my desires.  I am much closer to that than I was before.  Today's quote, "The landscape can only be seen through open eyes - the truth can be seen with an open mind and an open heart."  Very true!  This is what meditation did for me this weekend.

The surroundings were beautiful.  I sat in the garden listening to the birds and the sound of the leaves as the breeze went through them.  I closed my eyes on occasion but did not want to deny myself of the beauty around.  Quite literally I needed to keep my eyes open, however; understanding myself, it did not matter whether my eyes were open or closed.  I knew in my mind and heart where the truth is for myself. 
No one knows you better than you.  What's the difference between closed eyes and open?  Nothing if you are truthful and honest with your feelings and thoughts.  Never shut out the beauty through life.  Take in your surroundings.  Take in the landscape.  But also, take in the truth with eyes open, sleeping or awake but mostly keep you thoughts open and clear and your heart will follow!  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment