Wednesday, June 21, 2017

LET MISERY BE IT'S OWN COMPANY

Good Morning all on the Wednesday of my children's high school graduation!  I am not getting sentimental.  I just can't believe it.  Having an older child, the younger ones are always the babies and like everyone says, where does the time go?  Is it really fast?  I was looking at some of the photos of them were my twins were younger.  Seems like a lifetime ago, not yesterday but it also seems like they grew up overnight.  All of you out there with children know exactly what I mean.  I will not say this is a bittersweet moment because it is the natural course of events.

I am so happy for my twins that they completed all the schooling of their youth and are off to the college of their choice.  There will be many tears today of that I am sure but my eyes won't shed them.  Although a milestone it is one of many more that they will have in their lives.  When you live through your children, when there is nothing else in your life except for them it can be devastating when they move on. 

I am happy that I have interests, a life, a Meditation and Reiki practice.  Today will be a day of happiness and one that celebrates their growth.  Today's quote, "Misery may love company but don't let that company be you."  Let it find someone else.  I will not allow that in my life so why should you allow it in yours?  We all know that person who thrives on misery and in turn tries to make all around him just as miserable. 

Use your power!  It's there telling you to celebrate whatever it is and not to look at the down side of anything.  Leave out bittersweet and just think sweet. Comforting that friend in need, even holding that bucket to let the tears fall in does not mean the bucket is for you too!  Celebrate what deserves celebration, be a friend but don't let misery cling to your side.  Keep that smile wide and have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!~Love, Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment