Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A VICTIM NO MORE

Good Morning.  I promise not to be a weatherman but today will be gorgeous.  Make sure you get outside for some Vitamin D.  There is nothing more beneficial than a good dose of sunshine.

You know what's not good for you?  People who insist on being a victim.  Those who continually blame outside circumstances for their own problems.  Sometimes things happen that we have no control over, things that are not our fault.  Today's quote is "When you change your role from victim you will be able to achieve so much."

This refers to the person who refuses to take responsibility for their actions.  The person who refuses to look at how they got where they are and what lead them there.  If someone tells you that you will never be successful at_____________, how do you respond?  Do you say, "Yea, you're right, do you give an excuse or do you say to yourself, "I can do this
!"

I knew that I wanted to turn my quotes into a book.  I had absolutely no idea how to do it and if I got a dollar from everyone who told me to self-publish, I would have a lot of dollars.

I had no interest in self-publishing because I didn't know how.  It's just not my thing and I know my limitations.  Let's just say, I had no interest in learning how but the book was something that I really wanted to get done.  Instead of being Eeyore, and saying, "I'm never gonna get this completed," I found a way!

It was a process but I accomplished what I wanted.  A finished and published book!  I talk about myself and use myself as an example because I have been through trying times and situations just like everyone else.  There are time I too have made myself the victim but I also realized it got me nowhere.  I've written about blame before and as you read many of my blogs, you will indeed see that the same themes do come up time and time again.

There are some issues we all have in common and discussions that bear repeating.  You don't always hear it the first time or the second but when you do it's like magic!  This is one of those topics that bears repetition.  You could choose to be a victim for most anything that has happened in  your life beginning with the family you were born into.  (That's another blog!)  But where will it get you?

You can show support and even sympathy for someone who has faced hardships.  We've all been there.  The change you want to see in your life belongs only to you.  If things don't work out, stop, take a breath, make a plan and then take action.  Blame takes you nowhere, action takes you everywhere!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment