Monday, May 21, 2018

THE POISON OF BLAME

Good morning and welcome back.  I look forward to welcoming everyone back after the weekend.  Writing my blog helps to ground me and get my week going.  I hope it does the same for you.

I'm just as tired of rain as everyone else although I have to say, everything looks so lush and green.  The air smells good and I just love listening to the birds making their presence known.  I hope the rain didn't ruin your weekend plans but if it did, you can't blame the weather.  You have to blame yourself for not making alternate plans.

Today's quote, "Flush out the poison of blame or you will be forever be stuck."  Blame is a poison.  It is what so many resort to rather than taking responsibility.  Before you blame someone or something, look at how you helped create an unwanted situation or how you could change it.

Blame is also a habit.  If you are accustomed to placing blame whenever things don't go your way the first thing you will do is resort to what is comfortable and for some that is blame.  This habit must be broken.  I call it a poison because poison poisons you and sinks into your very core.

If the poison of blame is within you, flush it out as it will never serve you well.  When the temptation to blame comes to you stop for a moment.  Think of how a situation could be handled differently.  Every problem has more than one solution and it is up to you to discover it.  I know you can.

Take a deep breath everyone and know that Monday will be a great dat!

~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment