Wednesday, May 9, 2018

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING

Good Morning and welcome to Wednesday.  A beautiful day on the horizon.  Is it me or do you feel like we just left Monday?  I always think it's funny when you can say to someone, "wow, the day went so fast today," and the other person says, "today was the slowest day ever!"

Perception is everything and everything is perception, isn't it?  We all perceive things differently.  Today's quote, "Be more observant of behaviors, they are never your imagination, rather a reflection of a perceived reality."  After writing this quote, I began to think, whose reality?  I'm glad I'm writing this because something upsetting happened to me and it really got me thinking.

I posted one of my quotes on Face Book as I normally do but for some reason this post was deemed inappropriate due the content.  What?  Yep!  That's exactly what I was told.  By now you all know me pretty well.  My quotes are meant to help and inspire anyone and everyone who read them.  Why on earth would I post something inappropriate?

The truth is, it was not inappropriate, but instead was perceived to be.  Perceived by someone else or perhaps more than one person.  The message of today's quote is not to be absorbed into someone else's reality.  That "someone's" reality is dependent on that person's day, their mood, their circumstances and any number of things that we may not be aware of.

We will never be inside the mind of someone else nor
would we even want to try.  Don't shift or change yourself because of how you might be perceived.  Believe in yourself and be true to who you are.  ALWAYS!

Have a wonderful day!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment