Tuesday, May 29, 2018

CHANGE WORRY TO FAITH

Good morning.  I hope you enjoyed your long weekend.  Whenever there is a Monday holiday the week always seems off.  Like we are missing a day.  Personally I don't mind as it's one day closer to the weekend although I did miss my Guided Meditation class last night.  That's OK.  My Thursday class is coming up and there is another Monday soon after.

I have my regulars who come to class on Mondays.  I made sure to let them know that class was canceled due to the holiday.  The pre-Meditation me would have been worried about letting everyone know well in advance but the post-Meditation me made a mental note of what I needed to do and it was done.

Today's quote, "Worrying takes an enormous amount of effort - change worry to faith and know the Universe has your back."  I will have you know, I was a world class worrier.  It wasn't just a hobby but a lifestyle that I am most grateful to have given up!  We all worry about things from our families to the weather but what does worry actually do except to cause us stress?

A more productive approach would be concern.  Concern is different than worry.  Both words have such a different connotation.  Worry connotes franticness where concern connotes care.  People who worry will tell you that of course they care but worry is consuming, stressful and quite honestly, unproductive.

Of course we care about our children and their safety but you have to have faith that if they were raised with your value system, they will make good decisions.  You can also worry about the weather ruining your outdoor barbeque but since you can't change rain to sun, you can change your plans.

Instead of worry, concentrate on faith.  The faith to know that things always work out for the best even if it might not seem so at the moment.  The Universe is your guide.  The Universe is the driver of your vehicle, steering you in the right direction so you don't crash.  Remember all those times you've heard me say that everything works out for the best?  This time believe it.

Release the effort it takes to worry and you will feel so much lighter.  Change that worry to faith and believe in the power of the Universe.  As Bob Marely said, "Don't worry 'bout a thing, cause every little think gonna be alright."

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone, I have complete faith that you will!~Love, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment