Tuesday, February 12, 2019

ACCEPT FIRST - UNDERSTAND LATER

Good morning.  Any of you out there have kids?  If you do you know that at any age they can and will throw all sorts of goodies at you.  I'm not even going to share what has been tossed my way but let's just say hair dye was created especially for moms.

When my kids say, "mom, I have to tell you something," I usually stop breathing allowing the sound of my beating heart to become ever so audible.  Mind  you I could be told something wonderful or not so wonderful.  Either way my reaction is the same until I am able to breathe that heavenly sigh of relief.

Unfortunately I have been told some things I would rather not hear but it is always followed by a reason.  Rather than getting upset I listen.  I may not be happy, but I have learned that listening is the most important thing you can do.  Today's quote is, "Understanding is not as important as accepting - accept first and understand later - not just in your intellect but in your heart."    

When we are told something that is outrageous and or upsetting it is very difficult not to react.  It takes years of practice but think about the person who who just committed that outrageous and upsetting act.  Think for a moment how they themselves feel and the courage it takes to admit it.  This is why one needs to simply listen and accept.  

Everyone has a reason for whatever it is they do, are about to do or have done.  Do not allow anger and upset to consume you.  Find it in your heart to listen, accept and understand.  

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

 https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment