Monday, February 18, 2019

HONOR VS. PUNISHMENT

Good morning everyone.  Happy Monday.  I'm thrilled to be off from my day job this week and pretty much have it already planned out.  Not everything.  I do enjoy some spontaneity although included will be meditation, seeing clients for Reiki sessions, self-care and who knows what else!  Ahh, the freedom to get up when I want and to have that leisurely cup of coffee.

Today happens to be a day of honor.  Although those past presidents are no longer here, we still honor them.  It is important to honor those in your life who are no longer here.  Some take that honor further than it needs to go.  Have you ever seen a movie where the character is on their death bed and makes the visitor promise to either not do something or do something?

That scene has been played out in real life for many people.  Its easy to make a promise to a dying relative but how many of us actually stick with that promise.  I truly believe in comforting the dying but not if it has no relevance in your life or will cause you, the living any sort of pain.  Today's quote is, "Question honor if it leads to eternal punishment."   Perhaps you made a promise but realized later how unrealistic it was to even consider keeping.

We are not here to suffer because we made a promise to a dying relative.  We are here to live.  Life is for the living not for the dead.  Can you honor someone?  Can you hold their memory close?  Of course you can but if honor is only there to cause you suffering then you need to question that honor.  Would the person you so revered wish suffering upon you?  I hope not. Or was it a case of misery loves company?   Only you will know the answer to that question.

I will be back on Thursday as I will be honoring myself with some self-care tomorrow and Wednesday.  Have a wonderful Monday everyone and do something wonderful for yourself!

~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co



1 comment: