Thursday, February 14, 2019

NO ONE OWNS LOVE

Good morning everyone.  Here we are together on a Thursday.  Not just any Thursday but Valentine's Day.  In honor of this day of love I am going to talk about what it means to love someone.  We think we know but ask two different people and you will get two different answers.   I do know this, loving someone does not mean you have to spend every single second together. 

I remember when I was first married and a friend of mine was in town.  She came over to my apartment and the first thing she asked me was where my husband was to which I replied, "I don't know."  She was both shocked and appalled when I told her I didn't know because I myself had been gone all day.  That sentence was followed by another expression of shock and awe.

She couldn't believe we were both doing our own thing and I couldn't believe she thought that was strange.  My husband and I were independent people who had lives before coming together.  Being married didn't change that.  Today's quote is, "Love someone let them free - love someone let them be - love is neither possession nor ownership."

Just because you are a couple does not mean you are not an individual.  You can love your partner when you are together and when you are out with your girlfriends.  Even now in 2019 I have heard women say, "my husband would never let me...."  We don't start out as couples.  We start out as individuals with lives and aspirations.  Just because you become a couple does not mean you have to give up on those things and more importantly give yourself away.


To love someone is wonderful.  To have love in your life is a blessing and treat that person as such.  Wishing you all a wonderful Thursday and a wonderful and happy Valentine's Day with your special Valentine.  

~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment