Monday, February 4, 2019

LET YOUR HAPPINESS COME FIRST

Good morning all!  Happy Monday.  I have really perfected my overnight oats.  My recent addition is papaya and more almond milk making my oatmeal super creamy and delicious.  So yummy on a cold winter day.  When you go out for a meal is the other person's choice consistently better than yours? 

That would happen to me all the time.  My husband always ordered the better breakfast, dinner or lunch and I would be most unhappy.  More than once I would return my dish to get what he was eating and my entire mood would change as well as our dining experience.  Who wants to look at a miserable face! 

What a good husband I have to put me before himself to make sure I was happy.  When you love and care about someone you want them to be happy even if it means waiting to eat your food while a new order is placed.  I love good food and going to great places whether they are known for their avocado toast or their fresh fish.  This may sound a little extreme but a bad meal puts me in a bad mood. 

What would happen if everything put me in a bad mood.  I'm not so sure that my loving husband would continue to be as supportive and why should he be?  It's draining to constantly be responsible for the happiness of someone else.  There would come a time when his happiness would have to be front and center.  Today's quote is, "There is no one's misery that should come before your happiness."  

Support is one thing but being an enabler is another.  In my life there have been people who were just plain miserable no matter what.  The ones who could never see the sun behind the clouds.  As a friend we try and be supportive but when it deprives you of your own vitality it is time to sever that relationship.  I do believe those folks were in my life to teach me a lesson on boundaries. 


I am a good friend and a supportive friend. I am someone you can turn to and trust but I want that reciprocated and if it is not then I need to move on as we all should.  Your happiness is just as important as someone else.  A one sided relationship can never work unless you fancy yourself to be a punching bag.

It all comes back to deserving and knowing that you are entitled to what we all want; to be happy!


Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

1 comment: