Friday, February 22, 2019

KINDNESS TO ALL BUT MOSTLY TO YOURSELF

Good morning everyone.  Friday has come.  What a fast week this was.  As the saying goes, time flies when you are having fun.  That's OK.  I still have the weekend and more fun to come.  I've had a great week doing wonderful things for myself including spending time with my husband, getting spa treatments and enjoying the outdoors.

I know my fabulous trip to Jamaica was not too long ago but that was in December and I really am due for more relaxation.  We don't take care of ourselves enough.  That doesn't mean that if we don't get to a tropical island we have failed ourselves.  There are so many ways in which we can treat ourselves like getting a foot massage, a mocha latte or an afternoon movie just to name a few.

Recalling a perfectly prepared mocha latte I recently had, fed not just my thirst for coffee and chocolate but fed my soul by putting me in a great mood.  Could it have been the caffeine?  Maybe, but it wasn't.  It was the act of taking out an extra ten minutes of my day to do something for myself.  

Today's quote is, "Be kind to others but kinder to yourself - to serve takes strength of body and mind."  As a Reiki Practitioner who works with the physical and emotional issues of others I really need to be on my game.  Healing cannot take place unless I am not both physically and emotionally fit.  That means that I need to take care of myself first before being of service to anyone else and not just to those who come to me for healing but to all the important people in my life.

You don't need to be a Reiki Practitioner to need self care.  We all need self care so that we can be the best at what we do and be our best selves whether it comes in the form of a weekend away or a creamy and delicious mocha latte, 


Have a wonderful Friday everyone! ~Love, Amy






To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment