Monday, February 25, 2019

THINK WITH YOUR BRAIN AND LEAVE EMOTIONS BEHIND

Good morning everyone and happy Monday.  When was the last time you made a really good decision?  Most good ones take time as we think and think and strategize and think some more.  Now let's talk about bad decisions.  Those take but moments to make and that's because we put our emotions in charge.

I don't think I really need me to tell you what a bad idea that is!  Today's quote is "Rash decisions can change your life forever - make them not in anger or despair nor joy or elation."   When we are in a great mood we feel unstoppable and on top of the world.  Sometimes we feel down in the dumps and nothing seems to be going right.  Guess what, the former is just as bad a time to make a major decision as is the latter.

Many years ago, I rented office space for my Reiki business.  I was ready to jump into my new career feet first.  I had no clients but I had space so I was golden!  (Sarcasm here!)  In my excitement I also came dangerously close to ditching an already sure thing; a steady paycheck and benefits.  If I had gone with my emotions, I would have had a lovely office, no clients, no paycheck and no free doctor visits. 

Back then I was just starting out.  Back then I had no clients.  Back then I was dissatisfied with my job.  But back then was the wrong time to walk away.  I was solely relying on emotions as the reason for leaving my job.  In the end it would have been a foolish mistake on my part.  Rash decisions can change everything, sometimes in a good way but also in a disastrous one and we need to do our best to avoid those!

When thinking about making a change, do it with a calm and rational mind.  Never let your emotions get the best of you.  Take your time, get a good night's sleep and revisit what you thought was a great idea.  It may be the worst decision you ever made or the greatest idea since sliced bread.

Have a great Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment