Tuesday, March 26, 2019

BE IN THE MOMENT BUT PLAN FOR THE FUTURE

Good morning everyone.  As I am writing this I am fully vested in the moment and what it is I am doing but how often are we in the middle of a task only to be thinking about what we will eat for dinner, what time we need to get our oil changed or if there was enough water in the dog bowl.

Does that sound about right?  We all do this.  Being in the moment is really hard and takes a boat load of practice but it can be done.  When you are not in the moment, you disappear.  You miss what it going on right in front of you because you are so busy focusing on later.

The only time the two may be combined is when you are planning for an event, that event being your life.  Today's quote is, "Be in the moment but plan for the future - it is necessary and possible to do both."  You can never just wait for things to happen and for things to change.  As the one in charge, it is you who will make things happen.

Thinking ahead and making plans does not mean you are not in the moment.  I can take a walk outside with Mia and bathe in the beauty of my surroundings but I can also jot down quotes that pop in my head.  I can sit down in my kitchen and think about writing another book.  With each New Moon we can all write down what we would like to see manifested in our lives which is a way of planning for the future.  

When you are drinking that latte, admire the design and savor the aroma. If there is a class you want to take designed for self-improvement, do it!  Here and now you are in the moment and planning your future!

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy


To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co


No comments:

Post a Comment