Monday, March 4, 2019

PROMISES PROMISES

Good morning everyone.  Happy Monday to you all.  Spring is almost here.  Not quite but almost.  March is still very much a winter month with unannounced surprise snow storms but it is nice to know that the cold will come to an end, the days will be longer and we will be able to ditch our winter jackets.

Many of us start to think of all the things we are going to do in the nicer weather.  Not just outdoor activities but indoors as well.  Things we keep putting off because we would rather do anything else than straighten up and organize.  One step at a time is what I always say.  If it helps then give yourself a timeline rather than promise yourself the impossible.  

Today's quote is, "A promise that you cannot keep to yourself will never be kept to anyone else."  We all say things and have said things in the past that end with, "I promise."  Promises are difficult to keep.  Even small ones.  Harder than keeping a promise to someone is keeping one you make to yourself.  When that promise isn't kept, we feel awful.  Why put yourself through that?  It is so unnecessary. 

Stop making promises.  Stop saying, "I promise."  Instead don't say anything.  Why do we feel we need to promise something that we know we either don't want to do or will never do.  Be honest.  You do that.  I do that BUT, I have stopped.  I no longer make promises even to my children which by the way does not make me a bad person.  It makes me....human. 

No one knows our capabilities like we do.  At this point in your life you know what you can and can't do.  What you want to do and what you don't want to do.  Try your best to stick with your goals and always make them within reasonable and realistic reach whether they are for you or someone else.  

According to Mary Poppins promises are like pie crust. easily made, easily broken.  Don't make the promise, just eat the pie!


Have a wonderful Monday everyone! ~Love, Amy




To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co


No comments:

Post a Comment