Thursday, May 30, 2019

GIVING PRAISE WITH ABANDON

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday.  Many of my quotes although different revolve around similar themes.  Themes of love, hope, inspiration, gratitude as well as perseverance and fortitude.  Forgive me if I left anything out.  Today's quote sparked not only a memory for me but as I looked at it, about to write my blog, I thought, "hmmm, I think I wrote this one already."  Maybe I did, maybe I didn't but it is still something we all need to hear.

Today's quote is, "We criticize with abandon - give praise the same way."  I chose to write or rewrite this because it is true.  We manage to find fault with anything and everything.  Even as I am writing this I am in my head wondering if this was a repeat.  Not only wondering but actually feeling bad.  Yes me too!  I do this because I am human like you.  Forget the fact that I have written over 1,000 quotes to date.  I was upset that this could have been a rewrite.

Instead of criticizing and berating myself for possibly repeating a quote, I need to say, "its OK."  That's right.  Its OK.  It is OK to make a mistake.  Is there anyone out there who has never made a mistake?  I didn't think so!  There is no perfect person out there.  We are all here to live and to grow and to learn from our mistakes. 

I myself am super critical.  I can't help it.  It is the nature of the Virgo personality but while that may be so it also doesn't mean I can't push it away to make praising part of my Virgo personality too.  Stop criticizing and start praising others and yourself.  Next time you stand in front of a mirror smile at yourself and tell yourself you are wonderful, beautiful and amazing and mean it!  For what its worth, I think you are wonderful, beautiful and amazing too!


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

1 comment:

  1. I love this and you Amy ❤️Happy Thursday and I look forward to your reiki gift tomorrow . Every day is a gift .

    ReplyDelete