Friday, May 31, 2019

WE ALL DIE - STOP WAITING FOR IT TO HAPPEN

Good morning everyone and happy Friday! Do you have plans this weekend or are you going to be busy daydreaming about them while you are at work.  We spend a lot of time daydreaming.  According to one study some of us spend up to 4 hours a day doing it.  There are many reasons why we daydream.  Boredom for sure is one of them.  Unhappiness and loneliness are others but we also fantasize about what we would rather be doing.

The way to change that is to actually do what you would rather be doing.  When my kids were small, we we went on a family vacation to the Adirondacks.  One of the activities my husband and I enjoyed was kayaking.  An entire year would go by before we went kayaking again and entire year after that and after that because we visited the Adirondacks four years in a row.  I would be at work thinking how nice it was kayaking on that gorgeous lake and how I wish I could do it again.

Years passed and I couldn't get the image of my husband and myself out on that lake.  It is like meditation on the water.  I took the first step to making my daydream a reality by looking up places to kayak near me and guess what!  I found it!  Yes!  Although Upper Saranac Lake is stunning to behold, we didn't need to drive 8 hours to kayak in beautiful surroundings.  Honestly it is pretty close to my own backyard. 

Today's quote is, "Death comes to all - do not spend a lifetime waiting for it."  Kayaking is not a matter of life or death however I found it to be so enjoyable that I daydreamed about it quite often.  Instead of fantasizing about it I made it a reality.  And you know what?  It wasn't all that hard to do.  What is that daydream in your life that you wish was a reality?  We all put things off until later but what if later never comes?  What if we aren't around later?  Who wants to live in regret? 

At some point we will all depart from this earth.  It may be that we really don't get to absolutely everything we wanted to but while we are here we owe it to ourselves to try.  Each and every one of us deserve to live the life we want.  Not just the one we daydream about.  FYI - we went kayaking last weekend!


Have a wonderful Friday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment