Thursday, May 16, 2019

SLEEP - THE ULTIMATE TEMPORARY ESCAPE

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday to you all.  Did  you ever have one of those amazing night's sleep where you didn't want to get out of bed?  Was that really sleep or an opportunity to flee?  When I was little, my mom always knew if I was upset about something because I would run away.  I mean nap.  Or do I mean run away? 

Today's quote is, "Escape through the womb of sleep your fears and pain but sleep will end and the light of day will arrive when you will need to face those fears."  Sleep.  The ultimate escape indeed.  When every problem you have ceases to exist.  Sleeping takes you to a place without getting into your car but eventually you will wake up and have to face whatever it is you were trying to disappear from.

Who wants to deal with problems?  Who enjoys confrontation?  Like you, I dread both.  I could feel my stomach twisting in knots when there are things I don't want to face but sleeping through them is a temporary fix.  Many times our imagination takes us to far worse places and what we think are real problems are merely nuisances.  It is important to know the difference and not turn that tiny hill into an insurmountable mountain.  

With a quiet mind and a calm demeanor we can approach our problems with clarity and see them for what they are without placing fear before them.  Never belittle sleep, for sleep is a wonderful thing but when it is time for sleep don't use is as an escape but for much needed rest at the end of a long day!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy




To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment