Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I HAVE ALL I NEED

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday.  I hope you enjoyed your long weekend.  An extra day is luxurious.  3 extra days is downright decadent!  No complaints here.  Time is precious and valuable and there never seems to be enough of it.  If you were to ask anyone what they would want an abundance of I am quite sure TIME would be on that list although if you manage it well there is always enough.

What else do you think would make the abundance list?  Money, clothes, chocolate chip cookies?  Having an abundance of money might be great but wouldn't having exactly what you need be enough?  Having 15 pairs of jeans is great. We would have so many to choose from but human beings that we are, we would probably wear our favorite pair over and over again.  What is the right amount of chocolate chip cookies to keep in your cabinet?  1 box, 2 boxes, 3 boxes?  Are you sick of them yet?

Today's quote is, "Abundance is not just an amount - it is a state of being."  Abundance is not just more and more.  It is indeed a state of being and a mindset.  I think you understood my point from the above paragraph.  How much of anything do you actually need.  When cable TV came out it was awesome!  Instead of 8 channels there were now about 20.  All of a sudden there are literally 300 channels to choose from but by the time you find a program to watch it is almost over.  Do we really need that many television channels.  The answer is no.  People became so overwhelmed Netflix has become the channel of choice.
  
The difference between need and want is having too many shirts to stuff  in that drawer, having rooms that no one sits in and throwing away vegetables that have been rotting away in the fridge.  It may even mean hanging out with people who don't mean that much to you.  If you have clothes to wear, a warm cozy home, food in your fridge, a job that pays for it all and love in your life from family and friends what more do you need? 

Take your focus away from wanting more and more and place it on what is here and now.  

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co


1 comment:

  1. Good morning Amy . I love this . I would like to live your words more , and embrace them . Am grateful to you for this blog as a wake up call .
    Love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete