Thursday, May 9, 2019

RID YOURSELF OF OLD BELIEFS

Good morning everyone.  Happy Thursday.  If you have shoes that hurt your feet its time to get rid of them.  Clothing you never wear? Time to bring it to the community center.  Those leftovers sitting in the fridge past expiration?  Throw them in the trash.

You know what else needs to get thrown out?  Those old beliefs you carry around about yourself.  The ones that are self-defeating and discouraging.  Today's quote is, "Old beliefs may say you are undeserving and unworthy of love, joy and happiness - remove them from your life and live your best one starting now."  Once you get rid of what you don't need and what no longer serves you, you are free to move on.

The concept is an easy one but the practice is not.  Old beliefs are ones that have been ingrained in us usually from the time we are very young either from ourselves or from what we heard.  Things we were told like, you're stupid, your'e lazy, you will never be...., you can never get....  or go or do.  That negativity sticks to us like glue especially when we want to venture to new territory.   Those old beliefs rear their ugly heads every single time and paralyze us.

Well guess what!  You are no longer 7 or 10 or 14 or 12.  You are now an adult taking responsibility for many things and one of them should be your belief system.  Just like your phone gets an upgrade your belief systems need one too.  It has taken me a life time to rid myself of some of the things I was told about myself but I did it.  Was it easy?  No.  Am I still working on myself?  All the time!  Just like you, I am a work in progress.  Release those old beliefs that say you are undeserving and unworthy otherwise you will be eating a lot of yucky leftovers!

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! ~Love, Amy

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co
To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session with me, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions OR email me at amy@amykaufman.co

No comments:

Post a Comment