Tuesday, September 4, 2018

WASHING AWAY POISONS

Good morning everyone!  Today is the day.  I'm back at my day job.  OK me, take a deep breath.  It will all be fine.  At this moment I know someone who is on a wonderful vacation and yes, I wish I was too.  But wait!  I just had two months to myself.

Today's quote is, "Regret, envy, fear, jealousy, poisons of the worst kind - let them wash away with relief, gratitude and wonder."   If you think back on certain events in your life I'm sure there are things you regret.  It's even in a song, "Regrets, I've had a few."  Some of us have had more than a few but what is not in the song is that part that says these regrets have brought you to where you are now.  These are the regrets that have helped you grow.  Does anyone out there not want to grow?  What?  I can't hear you!  That's what I thought.

Envy, jealousy?  I said in my first paragraph that I wish I was on vacation but how many people get two months to themselves every year?  Why would I begrudge someone their vacation especially if I had no idea how badly they needed it.  Fear?  Absolutely.  We all have had our share of fear in our lives but we can take that fear and turn it into something much more positive.

During my guided meditations I talk about taking fear and turning it into wonder and excitement and releasing that feeling of dread.  If you expect something awful it will manifest for you.  Regret, envy, fear, jealousy are all poisons of a sort.  None of these words represent anything good and you don't even feel good saying them.

Next time a negative word pops into your head, exchange it immediately for a positive one.  In other words, try you best to look at the bright side no matter how dim.  Feelings and emotions are something we all have and not every day is going to be filled with wonder and excitement but if we can really really try to choose a different approach, our days will be much better and we will all be much happier!

To learn more about what I do, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co

To schedule an in-person or remote Reiki session, visit my website:https://amykaufman.co/private sessions

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone! ~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment