Friday, February 3, 2017

DEFY THEM ALL

Good Morning and happy Friday to you all.  I don't know why I feel like I don't have to go to work but alas, I do.  You know why?  Years ago offices had what is called "Dress down Friday."  I don't work in an office but I do dress down on Fridays.  Really down.  Like ripped, comfy jeans and comfy shirt to match.  Makes me feel like I am starting my weekend early. 

I dress differently according to my mood.  My mood today is weekend.  The good thing is that no one tells me what I can and can't wear.  Clothing is a personal decision and I know I am not offending anyone.  I've seen that too.  However; what is offensive to some may not be to others. 

Clearly we all have our own style.  As in today's quote, "Defy anyone who says you can't - show them you can."  Now I know that you must be thinking, "she can't be talking about clothes."  Well, I am talking about everything that pertains to you. 

Clothing is an obvious and easy thing to pick on.  "You're wearing that?"  Have you ever heard that from anyone?  I know I have.  Clothing is one way we show the world who we are.  Why can't we express ourselves how we feel?  And yes, it goes beyond clothing.  Never let anyone tell you the things you can't do.  That's entirely up to you. 

If I become repetitive, too bad!  I will not apologize.  It takes some of us longer to hear very important messages and I do believe this is an important one.  Whatever it is you wanted to do, to be, to have, I can bet someone in your life (I know it happened in mine)  said, "you can't."  I heard that a lot in my life.  I am not regretting my life but I do know if I had more positive reinforcement things would have turned out very differently.

I'm just saying that if that is the case for you, then I am here to let you know  you can.  Let me be your positive voice.  Let me be the one to cheer you on because someone has to do it!  You are never too old or too anything else.  You can always change your life, it happens when you are ready.  So look to me for encouragement always.  I believe in all of you!  Have a wonderful Friday everyone!~Love, Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment