Tuesday, February 28, 2017

LOVING WITHOUT JUDGEMENT

Good Morning on this Tuesday.  Hope Monday went without a hitch.  It went quickly for me for some reason.  I hope the work part of my day goes just as quickly today.  I know, enjoy every minute of your day.  I need to listen to my own advice.  I will say I do take pleasure in the chores at home.  Walking the dog in the sunshine and looking at nature.  Even running into a store for something.  That's because it's my choice. 

Don't we wish everything was our choice!  There are times it is and there are times it just isn't.  One area in our lives where we definitely should have choice is how we live and who we love.  Today's quote, "Labels are for clothing - not people - we should be able to live and love without judgement."  I saw a very powerful program on TV last night.  It was called When We Rise.  It was all about the Gay community and the struggles they went through in the 1970's.  One sad story after another.

One story was about a boy.  18 years old.  He came out to his dad who thought not only was he sick but electric shock therapy would save him and make him "normal."  Can you imagine?  I can't.  First of all acceptance for your children should be 100%.  All kids make stupid mistakes, trust me on that. I know first hand especially with 3 teenagers.  BUT...how can you judge something like sexuality.

First of all, what a struggle it must be to not fit into what society considers "normal" to begin with and then to be judged by everyone AND your parents.  So sad.  The police at the time were so full of hate for these people just because they loved in a different way.  We should all be able to live and love the way we want, the way we please, the way that is perfect for us and us alone without anyone labeling us or telling us we are sick and that we need to change.

Part 2 of this program is on tonight.  I hope you get to watch it.  No one should have to struggle like that.  Everyone deserves happiness wherever it is they find it.  This is a lesson for all of us.  We all struggle to a degree in our daily lives.  Celebrate the fact that someone has found love.  The phrase for that is live and let live.  Today I will add, love and let love!  With that thought in mind, have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!~love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment