Sunday, February 19, 2017

THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS YOU

Good Morning on this beautiful Sunday.  It's already in the mid 40's and going up to the 50's.  Such a feeling of renewal and life when the weather is this warm.  I am definitely a warm weather girl.  I prefer t-shirts to bundling up but whatever the weather brings I make the best of it.  You really have no choice right?

You can't blame happiness on the weather.  Well you can but it's short lived.  Today's quote, "Outside forces offer temporary relief - the ability for real happiness lies within ourselves."  Those outside forces could be anything.  I'm not just talking about the weather.  A brand new pair of shoes, a new shirt, a good meal.  All of these things give us happiness for the time we have them.  Some of us are excited as soon as we make a purchase but once that box is brought home the happiness has been left in the store. 

Now I'm not saying I don't love a brand new pair of shoes.  I do!  I'm a shoe girl too!  But shoes are not going to give me long lived happiness!  Shoes will be my temporary fix until that next purchase.  Inner peace is what will give you happiness in the long run.  You know what gives me real happiness is taking my dog for long walks and appreciating the beauty that is all around me.  Natural beauty is there whether it is raining, snowing, freezing, windy.  Nature seeps into your being.  If you can learn to appreciate that and find beauty in all there is you can find peace within yourself.

No other person can bring you real happiness either.  They can certainly complement you and bring you joy when you are around them but finding that perfect person who may or may not exist is not going to do it either.  I'm not saying when you are with that wonderful friend or partner they can't make you happy.  But what happens when they are not around you?  Can you go on?  Can you feel the same peace with them and without them?  That's the real question.  Let no one person or pair of shoes control your mood and how you will feel.  Find that feeling of joy and peace within yourself.  It's there.  Take a walk today.  Enjoy the sunshine and the beauty created by Mother Nature and I promise you will be renewed!  Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment