Friday, March 17, 2017

ANY DAY CAN BE GREAT

Good Morning!  It's Friday!  St. Patrick's Day.  Just saying.  It is not a holiday I celebrate but if you do, enjoy!  Crazy that I did not work for two days yet again I am very tired this morning.  I'm sure it has to do with the cold and the dark.  It's pitch black out there.  Does not make you want to jump out of bed that's for sure.  Even my Mia doesn't move.  I am looking forward to real Spring.  The Spring when it is light in the morning and much warmer.  Soon it will be here.

I really do love all seasons but Spring is especially well - special.  The birds have come out of hiding, the chipmunks are back and the most miraculous thing for me has always been the way the crocuses push up out of the ground just like clock work.  That to me is amazing.  From the cold hard snow covered ground come these beautiful flowers.  Reminders of things to come.  Reminders of change, growth and opportunity.

Today's quote, "Greatness can be achieved on an ordinary day."  How is that greatness you ask?  Think about it.  Think how hard those flowers have to work to push themselves out of the ground and blossom.  And they do this every year.  AND, every year it amazes me.  That from these tiny buds on the trees come these beautiful green leaves.  That the entire landscape of where we live looks completely different.

That is the greatness of nature.  It nature can do those extraordinary things just think of what you can do!  When you put your mind to something and I mean really put your mind to something great things can occur.  Keep in mind that great to you is not great to someone else.  Our opinions of great differ and of course that's OK.  The easiest example for all of you is to use myself. 

At this point of my writing you all know how important my work is.  My Meditation and my Reiki that I share.  When someone comes to me for either one, I know how much I have helped them get closer to their goals.  How do I do that?  Well both those modalities help to clear blockages.  Those awful mental blockages that tell us what we can't do and why we can't do them.

Once those are cleared we can then become the person we were meant to be.  I'm not advertising.  Just saying!  Knowing how much I help people is my motivation for this kind of work.  Helping people is for me the greatest thing.  Let's take another example.  While I am writing to all of you I am listening to WFUV.  If you never listen to it you must.  They consistently play great music!  How do you feel when you listen to certain songs and certain singers.  You can feel a joy a sadness.  You can feel something.  Someone who writes and sings music is changing my day for sure. 

So you see the greatness I am talking about can be relatively small.  I'm not talking about curing cancer (which would be awesome) but if you can make someone feel good with a song, a yummy breakfast, a compliment, a smile then you have achieved greatness on an ordinary day! Have a wonderful Friday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment