Saturday, March 18, 2017

NEVER MEASURE WHAT ISN'T YOURS

Good Morning all!  It's Saturday.  Coffee is brewed and my cup is right next to me.  I hope you slept well.  You must be tired of hearing about all my weird dreams but I just have to say they get weirder and weirder.  Always so real.  OK, I have to share just one.  Well let me back track.  I bought these cookies yesterday.  They only come around once a year as they are special holiday cookies.  I was so looking forward to eating them and they were so disappointing! 

Here I was ready and willing to give up all these calories for what I thought were going to be amazing yummy cookies.  I guess I was more disappointed than I thought because I dreamt that I was in a country store and I was going to buy a strawberry rhubarb pie.  That's another one of my favorites.  I love rhubarb.  When it's the season I will make it myself! 

The cookies that I wanted were ones that I never would have made myself but only because of time, not because of ability.  I know I could have done a better job.  Today's quote, "Never measure yourself next to anyone else - we all have different visions of how we want our lives."  I'm not talking about my life as a baker but I know I would have made them the way I wanted to.  There is a vision there.  Everything we do before we do it comes with a vision first.  No one jumps right in to anything. 

BUT - you cannot look at anyone else's approach.  You need to approach things how you would approach them.  Self help books are great to get you started but you don't really know what it is the other person wants out of something.  And I'm talking larger than cookies here.  It's like a household.  You don't really know what's going on unless you live there.  From the outside everything could look amazing, manicured and perfect but on the inside it could be oozing with unhappiness and misery.  YOU DON'T KNOW!!!!!  I do know.  I experienced that years ago.  I learned a long time ago that how things appear is not always how they are.

This is why you should never ever measure yourself next to anyone.  You don't know the road someone took to get to where they are.  Their road is not yours and never will be.  We all have our own roads and paths on which to travel and some destinations are further than others.  The end destination is what matters.  Start your vision and if you already have go positively forward and don't look behind you or next to you!  The Universe is supporting you always!  Have a great day everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment