Monday, March 13, 2017

LET NOT THE WORD HATE LEAVE YOUR LIPS

Good Morning on this dark Monday.  Aside from messing up your sleep turning the clocks ahead means that it is so dark out in the morning.  I don't like that at all.  Kind of like back to square one.  Makes you more tired too getting up when it is pitch black out there. 

Notice I didn't say, I hate getting up in the dark.  I hate when the clocks change.  How easy would it be to say that?  Kind of rolls off your tongue so easily.  If you start your day saying what you hate, you could really keep going and going and start thinking of all the other things you hate.  Like I hate weak coffee!  Today's quote, "Never start a sentence with I hate - never start the day with that thought."  No matter what it is and how trivial it may seem.

Those words really change your mind set.  Hate as we know is a really strong word and should not be lightly thrown around.  It is very severe and mean.  OK, I get it.  I hate getting woken up by my alarm.  Instead, try other words.  I really dislike when my alarm goes off.  I hate getting up in the dark.  Not a fan of getting up in the dark.

I hate this person.  How about - me and so and so just don't see eye to eye.  Or if you dislike someone that is real too.  How you feel is important and does not need validation from anyone but you saying you hate someone is almost like saying you wish them harm.  No matter how much you may dislike someone or how much I dislike someone, I never want harm to come to anyone.

Do you know a negative person who is always hating everything and everybody?  I do.  I don't think I have every had a conversation with this person where that sentence did not come up for sure once but several times.  I'm not even the one saying it yet it makes me feel anxious and uncomfortable - just hearing it!  SO - can you imagine what it does to you to repeat that over and over again? 

I am not saying there are things you will not like and things that will upset you.  We are all human and don't always jump out of bed with a huge smile on our faces if we can jump out in the first place, just be mindful of your words and how you use them.  Replace them and see how it makes you feel.  I promise you WILL feel a difference!  Look at the bright side always - the light is coming!  Have a wonderful Monday everyone!~Love, Amy

1 comment:

  1. Hate and anger :( So toxic and contagious.

    Love and happiness :) So non-toxic and contagious!

    ReplyDelete