Friday, March 24, 2017

FRIEND OR FOE?

Good Morning all!  Wow!  I rarely get up with my alarm.  I did today and I have to say, I am one tired blogger this morning.  Last night I had Guided Meditation at my house which was wonderful by the way and even I usually get a great night's sleep.

For some reason I was actually wired afterwards.  I even meditated on my own at my favorite center yesterday.  The Redding Meditation Center.  I guess you could say I was on Meditation overload.  One would thing I would be out.  Well, here I am now and very thrilled that it is Friday.

Short day at work which is a blessing today.  I could sit and be in the zone.  Maybe I could even zone with a fellow co-worker.  Someone I have grown very close to and look forward to seeing everyday.  Just because you work with someone does not necessarily mean you would actually want to be their friend outside of work and hang out.  This particular person is one of those.

Today's quote, "Once someone no longer enhances your life you have to wonder why they are still there."  I hope that doesn't sound mean.  It's not meant to but rather really ask you a question.  You know that friend that you have that's always negative?  The one that always brings you down?  The one that's always sick or cancels at the last minute making you have to change all your plans?  Yes, that one.  We all have one. 

When do you let go?  Do you keep them out of habit?  Are they still in your life because they get that longevity pass?   I am hear to tell you that it is OK to let them go and let yourself move on without guilt.  Sometimes we have a hard time letting go because this person has been in our lives for so long they become part of our fabric but at what cost?  If someone is bringing you down think about how you feel when you are with them. 

That imprint is still with you long after they are gone.  Your health matters!  You matter!  If you can't as they say, "throw the baby out with the bathwater," then make it gradual.  Just don't hang out as much.  There are lots of people out there in this world.  Find the ones that compliment your life and you.  The ones that add to your state of being.  It's really important.  When I go into work today, I know I will be looking for this person.  We talk.  We share ideas.  We are interested in what each other has to say and most of all we are supportive of each other.

Find a friend like that.  I promise they are out there!  Sometimes letting go is the first step toward growth!  Have a wonderful Friday everyone!~Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment