Saturday, March 25, 2017

MAKE TIME COUNT

Good Morning on this Saturday.  Hope you have relaxing things in mind and if you don't, enjoy them anyway.  Time is precious.  It's the one thing we never have enough of especially when we are enjoying ourselves whether we are alone or someone we adore. 

Today's quote, "If time is all you can give - make it count."  Why are we always rushing to the next thing.  I have to admit that of course I do the same thing.  Meditation has made me be more in the moment and it is something that I am always working with but I can give you a very clear example right now.

I want to walk Mia because it's not really that cold out and I want to begin to experience the day.  My coffee is not yet ready yet while I am writing to all of you I am trying to listen to the water from the coffee maker drip.  So you see that even thought I really am writing, thinking and being very sincere in my thoughts my mind can go other places.  That of course is the point of meditation.  To have you be in the moment, right where you are and no where else. 

I love writing my blog in the morning.  It is something I look forward to and something that I am very sincere about.  This is how I begin to make my morning count.  I never see it as a waste as it gets me thinking and communicating.  I value my time just as much as you value yours.  Such a common thought we all have when we do certain things are what a waste of time.  But is what you are doing a waste?

You could look at everything that way especially chores.  Who wants to clean the bathroom?  Ugg what a waste of time.  But no it's not.  You want a clean bathroom right?  I do!  Especially when there are multiple humans around!  Cooking is certainly not a waste of time.  We all like to eat!  And more than just eating.  Who doesn't enjoy a good meal?!  And when you are talking to someone put down that phone.  UGG!!!  Something we probably are all guilty of. 

Be with that person.  Be with that thought.  The phone is a non-responsive instrument.  Make eye-contact.  Don't ever lose that.  So if it is just chores today, a short conversation, whatever it is you are doing and whoever you are doing something with, make those moments count!  Have a wonderful Saturday everyone! Love, Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment